ProBlogger Event 2013: Speaker (and StoryTeller) Submissions
February 26, 2013 By ProBlogger Events
We are currently welcoming submissions to present at the Gold Coast Problogger Event 2013. The aim of the Problogger Event is to train, educate and inspire bloggers, both new and old.
We have read all the feedback from the 2012 post event survey, the four month survey and have some fantastic international and local speakers already lined up. But we wanted to open the space to the broader blogging community as well.
There are two ways you can submit to appear at Problogger 2013:
- Share your 5 minutes story on how you have grown your blog since the last PB Event.
- Present a full session
The 5 minute story will be an informal session without slides and most likely in interview format. The exact format details will be communicated once we have finalised the schedule for 2013.
The form to submit your expression of interest is the same, you simply need to select which option you are wanting to be considered for and you can select both. All information collected is kept confidential and is only used for assessment of speaking submissions. While we are collecting traffic data and social media metrics, this does not mean smaller blogs will be overlooked – we are actively seeking growth stories and success stories from smaller blogs.
As was the case last year the day will involve a mix of keynote training presentations, panels, opportunity for Q&A, and time for networking with other bloggers. Plus thanks to Tourism and Events Queensland, we will also be offering some ‘pop-up’ experiences both in the day before and days after the event, so stay tuned for more info on those..
We are staying with the key focus of entrepreneurial blogging. Utilising your blog and blogging skills to create revenue streams. Attendees should be able to leave each session with a list of actions they can implement to improve their blog, expand their readership and develop ways to profit from their expertise.
We are expecting a high number of submissions and as much as we would love for everyone’s story to be told, it will not be possible to fit everyone into the schedule.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN MAKING YOUR SUBMISSION:
- Does my topic fit with the core focus for 2013?
- Has it been covered at previous Problogger Events? See here for more information – 2012, 2011 and 2010.
- Original ideas will be valued highly, as will twists on key blogging monetisation topics.
- Sessions will run for 60 minutes and will need to include at least 5 minutes question time.
- Proposals must be submitted in the speaker’s name and contact details – not from PR companies or agents.
- Sales and product pitches are not allowed in sessions.
- Please reserve the event dates September 13 and 14, 2013 on your calendars. With many speakers to schedule it will not be possible to accommodate individual speaker availability.
- Panels must not exceed 3 members. An additional person can be had as moderator if desired.
- Only one submission per session is required. You will need to make sure all panellists are aware of the submission and they’re available to speak at Problogger Event 2013. Please do not submit multiple proposals.
- Submissions must be received by 5pm AEDT Tuesday 5th March 2013. There will be no late submissions accepted under any circumstance, no matter how dire or heart breaking!
- Successful submissions will be required to forward the presentation pack to Problogger event organisers by 1st September 2013. Failure to do so could see the session being replaced.
- Due to the number of speakers we invite, it is impossible for us to assist with travel and accommodation costs for all speakers involved. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if this affects your ability to participate at the Problogger event.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION:
Submissions will only be accepted via the form below. Or by clicking through here to the web based form.
You will receive an email within 48 hours to confirm receipt of your submission. We will then let you know the success or otherwise of your submission at the end of March.
Feel free to share this opportunity amongst your networks – we look forward to seeing lots of new faces at the Problogger Event 2013.
Any other speaker inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.