This week’s been an exciting week on many fronts for me – not the least of which have been announcing more details of the upcoming ProBlogger Training Event to be held in Melbourne on 12-13 October.
So far we’ve announced two of our keynote presenters
Today I’d like to present you with details of a few more of our wonderful speakers and the sessions they’ll be presenting on.
More Feature KeynotesLet’s start with the other ‘all in’ keynote sessions where all attendees will be in the same room at the same time (as opposed to our streamed sessions where we’ll give you the choice between two topics).
The Day 1 Opening keynote will be presented by me (Darren Rowse). I’ll be focusing us in for the event and talking on the topic of ‘From Little Things… Big Things Grow’. The session will focus upon some of the ‘small things’ that we can each do as bloggers that will have a big and lasting impact upon building a profitable blog.The Day 2 Opening Keynote will be presented by James Tuckerman from Australian Anthill. James is one of Australia’s most successful digital publishers. He’s an entrepreneur, angel investor, consultant and mentor and has many years of experience in publishing.
James will be speaking on the topic of ‘Lubricate Your Mind’. During this opening address he will explore some of the inspiring, thought-provoking and just plain weird trends that are shaping the way that bloggers, marketers and digital professionals will interact with technology and services in the not to distant future.
Other Keynote Style Training Sessions
The above keynotes will be ‘all in’ sessions where all attendees on the day will come together in the one room.
The feedback from last years event is that attendees appreciated these single person presentations as they allowed more intentional ‘training’ as opposed to the ‘discussions’ that often happen in panels. As a result this year we’re offering more ‘training’.
While we will have a few panels throughout the event this year will be more intentional ‘training’ by individuals or small teams on specific topics. These will be ‘streamed’ so that there will be two sessions run at once for your to choose from. Don’t worry though – we’re recording it all so you get access to everything as an attendee (at no extra cost).
Here are some of the other training keynotes that we’ve got planned:
- Nicole Avery from Planning with Kids will present on monetizing your blog with Sponsored Posts
- Stan Lee from Brand DNA will present on Branding Your Blog
- Jules Clancy from the Stone Soup will be running a session on Running Courses and Paid Membership Areas of Blogs.
- Shayne Tilley (aka Web Marketing Ninja) from ShayneTilley.com will present on monetizing your blog with Products and Services (2 sessions: one introductory and the other on marketing/launching products)
- Chris Guillebeau will present on going beyond monetizing with eBooks and will look at other products.
- Darren Rowse (me) will present on ‘How to use Email to Drive Traffic, Build Reader Engagement’. I’m also running a case study session on pitching brands where I’ll talk about the Tourism Queensland/ProBlogger partnership.
But Wait… There’s More
Tomorrow I will reveal more speakers and sessions that we have planned – mainly panels that we’re lining up.
I’ll also talk more about what’s included in the tickets this year in a post tomorrow and tell you about the ticket price and what time tickets will go on sale on Friday. So stay tuned!